LONDON: West Indies captain Jason Holder has urged his side to grasp the opportunity provided by a Test series in England as international cricket prepares to return after the coronavirus shutdown.
The West Indies arrived in Manchester on Tuesday ahead of their three-match series in July and Holder was in a buoyant mood during a conference call.
“Oh, man, I ve been sat at home for the last couple of months doing nothing,” he said.
“So to be getting some cricket, doing something I love and have loved doing from the time I started doing it… and I think most of the guys feel the same way.
“We haven t had competitive cricket for a while. We don t even know what is going to happen after this series. So I think it is an opportunity that we should all grasp.”
While the West Indies trio of Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer and Keemo Paul refused an invitation to tour, Holder was adamant no member of the 25-strong squad had been coerced into making the trip.
“We ve all made a decision to come over here, not been forced, and we ve done it because we want to be here, we want to play cricket,” the fast bowling all-rounder said.