LONDON: Acer has launched a monstrous 21 inches high resolution gaming laptop, Predator 21 X, with full-sized mechanical keyboard. It is the world’s first curved screen notebook. This laptop, featuring Windows 10, is projected to be ‘advanced beyond anything available in the market’. It is specially designed to soothe the thirst of gaming enthusiasts. “As the world’s first notebook to offer a curved 21-inch IPS display (2560 x 1080 resolutions with a 120Hz refresh rate), it delivers a truly immersive gaming experience, especially when combined with the notebook’s eye-tracking technology from Tobii. “Taking PC gaming immersion to new depths, eye-tracking lets gamers identify enemies, aim and take cover simply by gazing at objects on the screen in over 45 titles like Elite Dangerous, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and WATCH_DOGS 2™. The curved screen also features NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology, ensuring smooth and sharp gameplay,” says a press release issued by Acer.
Some of the important features of the gaming laptop are:
- The Predator 21 X features the latest 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor, five cooling fans and dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI for incredible graphics performance
- Making each Predator 21 X unique, Acer lets customers add a design, flag and laser engraved name to the notebook’s maintenance panel
- Supporting all this power is 64GB of DDR4-2400 memory, up to four 512GB solid state drives in RAID 0 configuration (including 2 NVMe PCIe SSDs, which are up to 5x faster than SATA SSDs) and a 7200 RPM hard drive of 1TB capacity
- It also includes Acer DustDefender, which removes dust build-up and improves heat dissipation
- Its full-sized mechanical keyboard features Cherry® MX Brown switches, with individually programmable backlit keys, offering 16.7 million color options.
- Customers can swap out the black W, A, S and D keys with teal ones, using the included accessory kit. A unique numeric keypad allows it to be flipped over and turned into a Precision Touchpad
- Simulating the surrounding of player with the game, the Predator 21 X offers a new 3-way (tweeter, midrange, woofer) audio design which produces Hi-Fi quality sound and is powered by 4 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 midrange) and 2 subwoofers to produce a full spectrum of sound
- The Predator 21 X works with Windows Hello, supporting secure and password-free sign-in by recognizing your face.
Acer has announced its price at Consumer Technology Association (CES) expo 2017 to be £7267, $8,999, PK Rs942,195.27.