LONDON: A stunned family have revealed how they found a boozed up student on a Xmas night bloodied and bruised in their garage. Shocked Chris and Lou Hepper were asleep in bed at home when their dog suddenly started barking at around 1.45am. After hearing a strange noise, Chris, 32, looked outside and saw a stranger had fallen 10ft from their garden wall and through their garage roof. They called an ambulance but the man walked off because he “wanted to go home” but only after they took some photos for the family album. Lou, 32, of Plymouth, Devon, who works as a kitchen assistant, said: “He was very intoxicated. “We couldn’t really understand what he was saying but he said he had been on a night out and couldn’t remember how he had ended up on our garage floor. “There was just blood everywhere and he was covered in glass. We rang the ambulance just before 2am and it still wasn’t there at 3am, which is why he went. “There was no other way into the garage so he must have fallen the eight to 10ft drop from the garden wall. “We think he had just lost his way.”
The Plymouth University student – known only as Dave – was later tracked down. Miraculously, he managed to escape without any broken bones but he spent the night in hospital where he had 10 stitches. Dave, who studies International Business, said he doesn’t usually drink much – but on this occasion the booze got the better of him. He said: “I was on a night out with some uni friends. I don’t go out drinking that much, but apparently on this occasion I had too much to drink. “I’m pretty sure I landed face first, so don’t remember a lot. I genuinely couldn’t say whether I got lost, was pushed or whatever else. “When I woke up I could see walls on either side of myself with no obvious way out. To say I was confused was probably an understatement. “I spent the night in hospital and managed to get off with 10 stitches. Fortunately I didn’t break anything, but I’ll have some scars and my jacket has probably seen its last day. “Nothing even remotely like this has ever happened. I don’t drink that much and even when I drink, I tend to stop before it’s overly late. My memory is very fuzzy but am hoping I can remember what happened eventually.” The student says he is indebted to the Heppers for their help in calling an ambulance and once his face has cleared up plans to visit their house in Plymouth to say thank you.