LONDON: Forbes released their list of the highest paid TV actresses in the world, between June 1, 2016 to June 1, 2017. Modern Family star Sofia Vergara leads the pack with earnings of over $41.5 million (Rs 271 crore), topping the list for the sixth consecutive year , while Priyanka Chopra came in at number 8. She made $10 million, or Rs 65 crore, in the same period.
Chopra appeared on the list for the first time in 2016, powered by her ABC show Quantico. In 2017, she appeared in the second season of the show as well as Baywatch movie, which co-starred Dwayne Johnson. In 2016, she had earned $11 million. The Bollywood star also endorses a range of products and Forbes called it Chopra’s “most consistent money-maker”.
Vergara’s keen business acumen is reported to have been played a major role in her success. Only a quarter of her $41.5 million came from her show. The rest comes from endorsement deals from brands such as Head & Shoulders, Pepsi and CoverGirl, and from smartly focusing on licensing deals, which allow her a certain amount of control over her products.
Here’s the list of this year’s highest paid TV actresses:
1. Sofia Vergara — $41.5 million
2. Kaley Cuoco — $26 million
3. Mindy Kaling — $13 million
3. Ellen Pompeo — $13 million
5. Mariska Hargitay — $12.5 million
6. Julie Bowen — $12 million
7. Kerry Washington — $11 million
8. Priyanka Chopra — $10 million
9. Robin Wright — $9 million
10. Pauley Perrette — $8.5 million