Wednesday, 17 July 2019

Not sure when Don 3 will happen, says producer

BOLLYWOOD: Fans of Shah Rukh Khan and his work in remake of Amitabh Bachchan’s Don will have to wait a little more before they get to see SRK in the avatar of a don – producer of the franchise Ritesh Sidhwani has said the work is still on the third film of the hit franchise.

Asked about the film, Ritesh Sidhwani told Mumbai Mirror in an interview, “We are still working on it and don’t know when it will happen. It’s a keenly awaited franchise and we can’t disappoint the fans.” Reports earlier this year claimed on Don has a title, Don: The Final Chapter, and is expected to start shooting later this year.

Shah Rukh Khan stepped into Amitabh’s shoes for a remake of Big B’s 1978 hit, Don, and the box office success of Don: The Chase Begins (2006) prompted the makers to go for a sequel in 2011. While Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor featured in Don The Chase Begins, Lara Dutta joined Priyanka for the second film.

Earlier, talking about the popularity of sequels, Shah Rukh Khan had said, “Don is the only one which perhaps can have a sequel because we leave it like that every time, but Farhan doesn’t have any story for Don 3 yet.”

Check Also

Nora Fatehi’s ‘O Saki Saki’ remake set the screens on fire

BOLLYWOOD: After successfully recreating Sushmita Sen’s ‘Dilbar’, Nora Fatehi has once again set the screens ...

Leave a Reply