Friday, 24 November 2017

Irfan denies allegations in PSL fixing row

irfan

LAHORE: Pakistan fast bowler Muhammad Irfan has said that he didnt commit any fixing during the Pakistan Super Leagues (PSL) second edition. The tall fast bowler said during his hearing at the Pakistan Cricket Boards (PCB) anti-corruption unit. Irfan admitted that he was contacted by a bookie during the PSL, however, he shunned the bookie. To a question, on why did he not contacted the PCB when approaches were made on him, Irfan informed that due to the demise of his parents, the fast bowler was not in the right frame of mind, and failed to contact the authorities. The lanky fast bowler along with Pakistani opener Shahzaib Hasan was previously issued a demand note and by that both are bound to share all the information with PCB anti-corruption unit. Meanwhile, Shahzaib Hasan will present his case tomorrow (Tuesday).

It is pertinent to inform that Shahzaib came forward to report approaches made on him during the PSL. However, unlike Khalid Latif and Sharjeel Khan who were provisionally suspended by the PSB, he and Irfan were not suspended and were allowed to continue playing for their respective teams. It was learnt, if Muhammad Irfan denies charges, a three-member tribunal headed by a retired judge Haider Asghar Rizvi and including ex-PCB chairman Tauqir Zia and former wicket-keeper Wasim Bari would investigate the case. Earlier, Khalid Latif and Sharjeel Khan were provisionally suspended by the PCB anti corruption unit for their alleged links with an international syndicate that attempted to corrupt PSL, they have already been charged by the PCB.

Check Also

Virat Kohli

Kohli and company keen to stamp authority on Sri Lanka series

NAGPUR: India almost pulled off a sensational win in the 1st Test of the three-match ...