Saturday, 17 November 2018

Even if Subhash Ghai is guilty, I will work with him: Shatrughan Sinha

BOLLYWOOD: Tanushree Dutta triggered the #MeToo movement with her accusations of sexual harassment against Nana Patekar. Following this, several bigwigs from Bollywood including Subhash Ghai, Sajid Khan, Rajat Kapoor and Vikas Bahl have been accused of sexual misconduct and inappropriate behaviour.

While many from Bollywood have voiced support for the movement, actors like Asrani and Shatrughan Sinha have expressed their reservations.

In fact, Sinha said that the movement “was being blown out of proportion”. “What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I am all for the MeToo movement, never in my 40-year career have I misbehaved with any woman. I treat every lady with utmost respect. Having said that, I think this MeToo campaign is being blown out of all proportion,” he said in a recent interview.

Asked if he would work with his close friend Subhash Ghai who was accused of drugging and raping a woman, Sinha answered in the affirmative, “Why not? If he is proven innocent, why not? Even if he is proven guilty, and he serves the punishment given to him, I’d work with him. Sanjay Dutt served his jail sentence and is back working in our large-hearted film industry. In fact, we had no problem working with him even when he was an accused in a serious case.”

Akshay Kumar had stalled the shooting of Sajid Khan’s Housefull 4 and Aamir Khan had opted out of Mogul, a Subhash Kapoor directorial. Kapoor had been accused of sexual harassment as well.

Check Also

Ranveer and Deepika finally share wedding pictures

BOLLYWOOD: The wait is finally over! Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone, the Bollywood’s star couple, ...

Leave a Reply